Know your loved ones are taken care off
As we go about our daily lives, we cannot plan for the unforeseen. Accidents and illnesses can happen, at any time, to anyone, so it is important to have disability insurance that safeguards you against the unpredictable.
Disability insurance is a necessity, particularly if you have loved ones and a family who depend on you. If anything should happen to you, would they be protected? These are some of the difficult questions we have to ask ourselves.
At Compendium, we want to help you as much as we can, tailoring our insurance to fit both your lifestyle and profession.
With this in mind, here are a few benefits offered by disability cover:
- Following an illness or accident after which you are unable to work, we will see to it that your family’s basic needs are met. These include rent, school fees, utility bills and other monthly expenses. It is important to state your occupation so that we are able to remunerate you with maximum cover.
- If you are employed, and have exceeded your sick leave, with disability insurance, you can rest assured knowing it will pay out a monthly income to you.
- In addition to disability insurance, you can also take out further cover to be sure that any costs from a forced lifestyle change are taken care of.
- If you happen to have stand-alone policies for example: life insurance – claiming for life disability insurance will not affect these.
- You can also choose the cover option that best suits you. You can be paid in a lump sum, which is useful if there are large medical bills to pay. Or, if you prefer, you can request a smaller amount up front and thereafter receive monthly payments.
- This policy’s pay-out is also linked to inflation, which benefits you, as it ensures you don’t have to stress about how your disability insurance is going to last you as the cost of living increases.